Do you have a commercial building project? A commercial building is defined as a public building and/or a place of employment.
A commercial building project has three factors that you need to consider:
- Determine if you need a local building permit from your local municipality
- Go to my web page “Areas we serve” and then click on your municipality to find out if they require a local building permit, some do and some don’t.
- Determine if you need a state plan review, some projects are exempt from plan review
- Click here to go to the DSPS website to find out more information on plan review
- Request inspections during your building construction stages
- Click here to find a state inspector near you
- To request an electrical inspection simply fill out the request elec. inspection tab at the top of this page.
- To request a building inspection with the local municipal building inspector simply fill out the request Bldg inspection tab at the top of this page.
Do you have a general municipality question, email us at email@example.com
Do you have questions regarding the Commercial Buildings Code or plan review? you can email them to DSPSSBBuildingtech@wi.gov