Village of Centuria website: Centuria-wi.org
Inspection agency: REM Inspecting LLC
Inspector: Daniel Kegley
How long is the building permit good for?
24 months What needs a building permit?
1 and 2 family houses, All additions, Manufactured Homes, Decks, detached garages and accessory buildings over 200 Sq ft and Commercial projects, or Residing over $4000.
What is exempt?
Re-roofing and Re-siding under $4000 and Ag buildings (but it still may needs an electrical inspection, see below for more info.)
HOW ARE THE BUILDING PERMIT AND INSPECTION FEES DETERMINED?
For a new building project there are the following fees:
- Permit administration fee $50
- Application assistance fee $50 if needed
- Plan review fee $80/hr.
- State of Wisconsin dwelling seal $35
- other fees (i.e. credit card fee; re-inspection fee; post-inspection fee; late fee; permit to start fee; etc.)
- A Zoning permit and fee will be issued by the local Planning Commission, contact the Village clerk .
- Inspection fees for a new residential or commercial property is determined by using the current ICC Building Valuation Data Cost x square foot per group / category.
- Inspections fees for additions; alterations; structures; accessory buildings; mobile homes; etc. are based on $80 per inspection type per visit. For a list of inspection types see SPS316.013 and SPS 320.10 and SPS 361.41 of the Wisconsin administrative code
Minimum inspection fee is $160
Who needs an electrical permit?
SPS 316.012 no electrical wiring project may commence unless the owner of the premises where the installation is to occur or their agent holds a permit from the designated inspection agency if the electrical project involves the installation of new or addition to any electrical service, feeder, or branch circuit serving any of the following:
- A farm.
- A public building, structure, or premises.
- A place of employment.
- A campground.
- A manufactured home community.
- A public marina, pier, dock, or wharf.
- A recreational vehicle park.
- non-UDC building or structure
How long is an electrical permit good for?
Who needs an electrical inspection?
SPS 316.013 [All] electrical wiring installations shall be subject to inspection *Including electrical wiring projects not requiring a permit.
PSC 114.003 [All] utilities must obtain proof (Certificate) of compliance with Volumes 1 & 2 of the Wisconsin State Electrical Code before energizing a service.
How is the electrical permit and electrical inspection fee determined?
- The permit administration fee is $50
- application help fee $50 if needed
- The Plan review fee is $80/hr if needed
- The inspection fee is $80 per hour (minimum of 1 hour) plus $1 per mile round trip per inspection.
- other fees (i.e. credit card fee; re-inspection fee; post-inspection fee; late fee; etc.)
Have other questions about permits; inspections and cost, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org