Page updated 03/01/2022
To GOD be the glory
Village of Clear Lake website: clearlake-wi.gov
Contact Person: Al Bannink
PO Box 48
Clear Lake, WI 54005
Inspection Agency: REM Inspecting LLC
Inspector: Daniel Kegley
How long is the building permit good for?
What needs a building permit?
1 and 2 family houses, All additions, Manufactured Homes, Decks, Residing.
What is exempt?
Re-roofing and any project with a valuation of less than $500 (but it still may need an electrical inspection, ask the inspector.)
HOW ARE THE BUILDING CONSTRUCTION FEES DETERMINED?
BUILDING PERMIT AND INSPECTION FEES
- Application Administration fee per project
- Application assistance fee, if requested
- Change fee is for additions or alterations of approved permit or design or scope of work
- State of Wisconsin ‘New Home’ uniform building seal is current fee plus S&H
- Permit to start fee (Excavation; footing & foundation only)
- New one- & two-family dwelling construction fee: (ICC Building Valuation Data Cost per group / category x the inspection fee multiplier x square foot) with an $800 minimum.
- New commercial/industrial building construction fee: (ICC Building Valuation Data Cost per group / category x the inspection fee multiplier x square foot) with a $1000 minimum.
- New construction deck, porch, pool, spa, hot tub, shed, garage, accessory building fee
- Number of inspection types to be determined by the inspector at plan review.
- Addition; Alteration; Remodel; change of use fee
- Number of inspection types to be determined by the inspector at plan review
- Fee for modular dwelling unit; shell only dwelling unit is 80% of number 6 above.
- Fee for manufactured ‘mobile’ home plus any additions such as deck, basement, etc.
- Penalty fee for starting a project without a permit is up to double the full permit fees
- Re-inspection fee will be charged at the same rate as the original inspection fee.
- For a project that is not ready for inspection; does not meet the code; failure to cancel inspection at least one hour prior to scheduled time; storage or personal items blocking necessary inspection areas; no access to site and/or building will also be considered an inspection trip.
- Plan review fee
- Any additional services requested
- Reimbursement of expenses plus costs
- Municipality fee, if any, are in addition to any other fees
- Electrical permit & inspection fees are in addition to any building construction permit & inspection fees.
Click on ELECTRICAL PROJECTS at the top of this page to read more about additional fees for electrical permits and inspections.
Have other questions about permits; inspections and cost, email us at [email protected]