Page updated 07/19/2021
To GOD be the glory
Town of Farmington website: Farmingtontown.com
Inspection agency: REM Inspecting LLC
Inspector: Daniel Kegley
Who needs a building permit?
1 and 2 family houses, Commercial Buildings, All additions and alterations, decks, Manufactured homes, accessory buildings.
What other information is needed?
- The Town of Farmington has its own Zoning Enforcement. All Accessory buildings will need a zoning permit from the Town Clerk.
- Check with the county Zoning office because all buildings will need to satisfy the Polk CO zoning for setbacks from water shore land.
How long is a building permit good for?
What building projects are exempt from a building permit?
Re-siding and re-roofing
HOW ARE THE BUILDING CONSTRUCTION FEES DETERMINED?
BUILDING PERMIT AND INSPECTION FEES
- Application Administration fee is $50 per project
- Application assistance fee is $50, if requested
- Change fee is $50, for additions or alterations of approved permit or design or scope of work
- State of Wisconsin ‘New Home’ uniform building seal is $35 or current fee plus S&H
- Permit to start fee (Excavation; footing & foundation only) is $160
- New one- & two-family dwelling construction fee: (ICC Building Valuation Data Cost per group / category x the inspection fee multiplier x square foot) with an $800 minimum.
- New commercial/industrial building construction fee: (ICC Building Valuation Data Cost per group / category x the inspection fee multiplier x square foot) with a $1000 minimum.
- New construction deck, porch, pool, spa, hot tub, shed, garage, accessory building fee: $80 per inspection type for residential, $125 per inspection type for commercial/industrial.
- Number of inspection types to be determined by the inspector at plan review.
- Addition; Alteration; Remodel; change of use fee: $80 per inspection type for residential, $125 per inspection type for commercial/industrial.
- Number of inspection types to be determined by the inspector at plan review
- Fee for modular dwelling unit; shell only dwelling unit is 80% of number 6 above.
- Fee for manufactured ‘mobile’ home is $250 plus any additions such as deck, basement, etc.
- Penalty fee for starting a project without a permit is up to double the full permit fees
- Re-inspection fee will be charged at the same rate as the original inspection fee, $80 minimum.
- For a project that is not ready for inspection; does not meet the code; failure to cancel inspection at least one hour prior to scheduled time; storage or personal items blocking necessary inspection areas; no access to site and/or building will also be considered an inspection trip.
- Plan review fee is charged out at the hourly rate
- Any additional services requested are charged out at the hourly rate
- Regular hourly rate is $80 per hour, M‐F, 8am to 5pm
- Before or after‐hours; Holiday hourly rate is 1.5 times the regular rate
- Mileage Rate is $1 per mile, round trip from REMI office
- Reimbursement of expenses plus costs
- Municipality fee, if any, are in addition to any other fees
- Electrical permit & inspection fees are in addition to any building construction permit & inspection fees.
Click on ELECTRICAL PROJECTS at the top of this page to read more about additional fees for electrical permits and inspections.
Have other questions about permits; inspections and cost, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org