Page updated 03/01/2022
To GOD be the glory
Town of Cady www.townofcady.com
Inspection agency: REM Inspecting LLC
Inspector: Daniel Kegley
Who needs a building permit? 1 and 2 family houses, Commercial Buildings, All additions and alterations, decks, Manufactured homes, accessory buildings.
Who needs an electrical permit? All new electrical installation need an electrical permit and inspection, to include service panel upgrades, additions, alterations, extensions and so on. The electrical permit and inspection fees are in addition to any building construction permit and inspection fees listed below.
How long is a building permit good for? 24 months
How long is an electrical permit good for? 12 months
What building projects are exempt from a building permit? Re-siding and re-roofing
HOW ARE THE BUILDING CONSTRUCTION FEES DETERMINED? BUILDING PERMIT AND INSPECTION FEES
- Application Administration fee per project
- Application assistance fee, if requested
- Change fee is for additions or alterations of approved permit or design or scope of work
- State of Wisconsin ‘New Home’ uniform building seal is current fee plus S&H
- Permit to start fee (Excavation; footing & foundation only)
- New one- & two-family dwelling construction fee: (ICC Building Valuation Data Cost per group / category x the inspection fee multiplier x square foot) with an $800 minimum.
- New commercial/industrial building construction fee: (ICC Building Valuation Data Cost per group / category x the inspection fee multiplier x square foot) with a $1000 minimum.
- New construction deck, porch, pool, spa, hot tub, shed, garage, accessory building fee
- Number of inspection types to be determined by the inspector at plan review.
- Addition; Alteration; Remodel; change of use fee
- Number of inspection types to be determined by the inspector at plan review
- Fee for modular dwelling unit; shell only dwelling unit is 80% of number 6 above.
- Fee for manufactured ‘mobile’ home plus any additions such as deck, basement, etc.
- Penalty fee for starting a project without a permit is up to double the full permit fees
- Re-inspection fee will be charged at the same rate as the original inspection fee.
- For a project that is not ready for inspection; does not meet the code; failure to cancel inspection at least one hour prior to scheduled time; storage or personal items blocking necessary inspection areas; no access to site and/or building will also be considered an inspection trip.
- Plan review fee
- Any additional services requested
- Reimbursement of expenses plus costs
- Municipality fee, if any, are in addition to any other fees
- Electrical permit & inspection fees are in addition to any building construction permit & inspection fees.
Click on ELECTRICAL PROJECTS at the top of this page to read more about additional fees for electrical permits and inspections. Have other questions about permits; inspections and cost, email us at [email protected]