Town of Vance Creek
Page updated 07/08/2023
To GOD be the glory
Town of Vance Creek
Inspection agency: REM Inspecting LLC
Inspector: Daniel Kegley and Nick Livingston
Building PERMIT APPLICATION FOR alterations, remodels, windows, additions, moving a building, existing building, etc.
Building PERMIT APPLICATION FOR A NEW HOME – Wisconsin Online Building Permit Application
Erosion Control Regulations Checklist
Who needs a building permit?
New 1 and 2 family dwellings, manufactured homes, and camping units in a campground.
Additions or alterations to a dwelling including windows do need a permit IF the value of the project is $20,000 or more AND the dwelling was built on or after June 1st 1980.
(All electrical projects will require a permit, please visit our Electrical Projects tab for more information.)
How long is a building permit good for?
What building projects are exempt from a building permit?
Re-siding, re-roofing, deck, detached garage, any accessory buildings, finishing of interior surfaces, installation of cabinetry, and ag structures.
Additions or alterations to a dwelling with a project value LESS than $20,000 OR for a dwelling built prior to June 1st 1980.
HOW ARE THE BUILDING CONSTRUCTION FEES DETERMINED?
BUILDING PERMIT AND INSPECTION FEES
- Application Administration fee per project
- Application assistance fee, if requested
- Change fee is for additions or alterations of approved permit or design or scope of work
- State of Wisconsin ‘New Home’ uniform building seal is current fee plus S&H
- Permit to start fee (Excavation; footing & foundation only)
- New one- & two-family dwelling construction fee: (ICC Building Valuation Data Cost per group / category x the inspection fee multiplier x square foot) .
- Addition; Alteration; Remodel; change of use fee
- Number of inspection types to be determined by the inspector at plan review
- Fee for modular dwelling unit; shell only dwelling unit is 80% of number 6 above.
- Fee for manufactured ‘mobile’ home plus any additions such as deck, basement, etc.
- Penalty fee for starting a project without a permit is up to double the full permit fees
- Re-inspection fee will be charged at the same rate as the original inspection fee.
- For a project that is not ready for inspection; does not meet the code; failure to cancel inspection at least one hour prior to scheduled time; storage or personal items blocking necessary inspection areas; no access to site and/or building will also be considered an inspection trip.
- Plan review fee
- Any additional services requested
- Reimbursement of expenses plus costs
- Electrical permit & inspection fees are in addition to any building construction permit & inspection fees.
Click on ELECTRICAL PROJECTS read more about electrical permits and inspections.
Have other questions about permits; inspections and cost, email us at [email protected]