Page updated 07/19/2021
To GOD be the glory
City of Amery Website: www.amerywi.gov
Contact Person: City Clerk
118 Center St. Amery, WI 54001
Inspection Agency: REM Inspecting LLC
Inspector: Daniel Kegley
Who needs a building permit?
1 and 2 family houses, Commercial Buildings, All additions and alterations, Manufactured Homes, Decks, detached buildings or structures, re-siding, completely new windows or larger windows, .
Who needs an electrical permit?
Per the City of Amery ordinance all new electrical installation need an electrical permit and inspection, to include service panel upgrades, additions, alterations, extensions and so on. The electrical permit and inspection fees are in addition to any building construction permit and inspection fees listed below.
How long is a building permit good for?
The project needs to be started within 6 months and completed within 18 months, i.e. 24 months
How long is an electrical permit good for?
What building construction projects are exempt from a building permit?
Re-roofing and minor building changes as deemed by building inspector (but it still may need an electrical permit and inspection)
HOW ARE THE BUILDING FEES DETERMINED?
BUILDING PERMIT AND INSPECTION FEES
- Application Administration fee is $50 per project
- Application assistance fee is $50, if requested
- Change fee is $50, for additions or alterations of approved permit or design or scope of work
- State of Wisconsin ‘New Home’ uniform building seal is $35 or current fee plus S&H
- Permit to start fee (Excavation; footing & foundation only) is $160
- New one- & two-family dwelling construction fee: (ICC Building Valuation Data Cost per group / category x the inspection fee multiplier x square foot) with an $800 minimum.
- New commercial/industrial building construction fee: (ICC Building Valuation Data Cost per group / category x the inspection fee multiplier x square foot) with a $1000 minimum.
- New construction deck, porch, pool, spa, hot tub, shed, garage, accessory building fee: $80 per inspection type for residential, $125 per inspection type for commercial/industrial.
- Number of inspection types to be determined by the inspector at plan review.
- Addition; Alteration; Remodel; change of use fee: $80 per inspection type for residential, $125 per inspection type for commercial/industrial.
- Number of inspection types to be determined by the inspector at plan review
- Fee for modular dwelling unit; shell only dwelling unit is 80% of number 6 above.
- Fee for manufactured ‘mobile’ home is $250 plus any additions such as deck, basement, etc.
- Penalty fee for starting a project without a permit is up to double the full permit fees
- Re-inspection fee will be charged at the same rate as the original inspection fee, $80 minimum.
- For a project that is not ready for inspection; does not meet the code; failure to cancel inspection at least one hour prior to scheduled time; storage or personal items blocking necessary inspection areas; no access to site and/or building will also be considered an inspection trip.
- Plan review fee is charged out at the hourly rate
- Any additional services requested are charged out at the hourly rate
- Regular hourly rate is $80 per hour, M‐F, 8am to 5pm
- Before or after‐hours; Holiday hourly rate is 1.5 times the regular rate
- Mileage Rate is $1 per mile, round trip from REMI office
- Reimbursement of expenses plus costs
- Municipality fee, if any, are in addition to any other fees
- Electrical permit & inspection fees are in addition to any building construction permit & inspection fees.
Click on ELECTRICAL PROJECTS at the top of this page to read more about additional fees for electrical permits and inspections.
Have other questions about permits; inspections and cost, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org