Town of Alden website: TownOfAlden.com
Inspection agency: REM Inspecting LLC
Inspector: Daniel Kegley
Who needs a building permit?
1 and 2 family houses, Commercial Buildings, All additions and alterations, decks, Manufactured homes, accessory buildings.
How long is a building permit good for?
What building projects are exempt from a building permit?
Re-siding and re-roofing and building projects less than $2,500 (but it still may needs an electrical inspection, see electrical info below.)
HOW ARE THE BUILDING PERMIT AND INSPECTION FEES DETERMINED?
For Buildings and Structures
For a new building project there are the following fees:
- Permit administration fee $50
- application assistance fee $50 if needed
- Plan review fee $80/hr.
- State of Wisconsin NEW dwelling seal $35
- other fees (i.e. credit card fee; re-inspection fee; post-inspection fee; late fee; permit to start fee; etc.)
- A Land Use ‘Zoning’ permit, Sanitary permit, driveway permit and other fees may be required from the municipality and/or County before a Building permit can be issued, contact your local Town Clerk and County zoning office.
- New dwelling Impact fee of $2740.00 payable to the Town of Alden and given to the Building Inspector at the same time as receiving the building permit.
- Inspection fees for a new residential or commercial property is determined by using the current ICC Building Valuation Data Cost x square foot per group / category.
- Inspections fees for additions; alterations; structures; accessory buildings; mobile homes; etc. are based on $80 per inspection type per visit. For a list of inspection types see SPS316.013 and SPS 320.10 and SPS 361.41 of the Wisconsin administrative code
Minimum inspection fee is $160
Who needs an electrical permit?
SPS 316.012 no electrical wiring project may commence unless the owner of the premises where the installation is to occur or their agent holds a permit from the designated inspection agency if the electrical project involves the installation of new or addition to any electrical service, feeder, or branch circuit serving any of the following:
- A farm.
- A public building, structure, or premises.
- A place of employment.
- A campground.
- A manufactured home community.
- A public marina, pier, dock, or wharf.
- A recreational vehicle park.
- non-UDC building or structure
How long is an electrical permit good for?
Who needs an electrical inspection?
SPS 316.013 [All] electrical wiring installations shall be subject to inspection *Including electrical wiring projects not requiring a permit.
PSC 114.003 [All] utilities must obtain proof (Certificate) of compliance with Volumes 1 & 2 of the Wisconsin State Electrical Code before energizing a service.
How is the electrical permit and electrical inspection fee determined?
Permit and Inspection of electrical wiring
- The permit administration fee is $50
- application help fee $50 if needed
- The Plan review fee is $80/hr if needed
- The inspection fee is $80 per hour (minimum of 1 hour) plus $1 per mile round trip per inspection.
- other fees (i.e. credit card fee; re-inspection fee; post-inspection fee; late fee; etc.)
Have other questions about permits; inspections and cost, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org